2021.10.27 12:15 MikeTheAnt11 Hunt Down The Finch - I wrote a fanfic :D
Before we start with the fans and the fictions, just want to clear out a few things. First, no, u/throwawayforEPfanfic, there'll be no snoo snoo. Sorry to disappoint. Second, this being an EP Fanfic there are gonna obviously be OC's (the infamous Original Characters), but not in the usual way, since The Freelancer will not be the focus here - you'll see... They will definetelly not be some random power fantasy channeling protagonists, but merely a mean to tell The Freelancer's story from a new perspective. Third, this isn't quite complete. It will leave space for a series of sorts, although I'll probably not give this continuation if I'm not satisfied with what I write.
After this brief introduction, ladies and gentleman, we shall begin the show!
Hunt Down The Finch ye this title a joke with hunt down the freeman
The night of January 27th, 2012 left the Headquarters quite agitated, and not for a good reason. At around midnight, the office received a emergency alert coming from the Dawn Valley Defense Labs, located in Phoenix, AZ. After that alert, a brief momment of panic took over every soul present in the large room in the tenth floor, men and women suited up running around the place from cubicle to cubicle, phones ringing, voices loudly speaking one over the other. Amongst the chaos in the HQ, however, a protocol was being followed. Part of that protocol was to send a team of agents to the Phoenix Police Department to assure no classified documments had leaked.
Agent Owen opened his eyes, laying in his bed confortably. His phone, on top of the bedside table, was ringing, the faint light coming of the screen painted the whole bedroom with a light tone of blue. Owen mumbled something under his breath as he reached for the phone. Incoming call: Director. He slid his finger on the screen to answer the call.
- Owen, good night. We've got an emergency. Need you out in... - A brief silence took over. Those couple of secconds felt like an eternity - a hour. You'll be flying out.
- What do you mean... emergency...? - He asked, the confusion and sleepyness coming off very clear on his voice.
- Dawn Valley, in Phoenix. We don't know much yet, I'll update you on anything we get.
Owen grunted as he moved arround to sit on the edge of the bed, still trying to wake up properly.
- Oh, and you'll be heading out with Lee and Derek.
The phone played a note and then went silent. Owen lowered his arm and left the phone right besides him on the bed. He sighed, puting his hands over his face. After a few momments thinking about what was about to begin, he got up and started his morning ritual at 00:03. He felt like dying. After spending a whole week barelly getting any sleep, he'd finally got the time. And now this.
After a quick shower to wake him up properly and a rushed meal, Owen was in the back of a taxi, wearing a gray suit. He'd packed some clothing, enough to spend a couple of days in Arizona, and the suitcase with those was in the trunk. The driver had a thin beard around his chin, around his thirties. The trip was silent, save the ocasional car coming the opposite way.
As Owen entered the plane, two heads turned to face him, Agent Lee and Derek, an IT expert. Owen greeted both with a nod and took a sit. Lee was reading something inside a folder, and Owen guessed it was related to the incident. Everyone kept in an uncanny silence for an unconfortable ammount of time. After the take off, Lee put the files down and adressed Owen.
- So, what do you think about it?
- Dawn Valley? I don't know, didn't get anything on that yet...
- Oh... Makes sense, the office was a hellhole since the news broke. - she packed the files and handed over - here, take a look.
Owen started browsing the pages.
- An explosion? Was it some sort of accident?
- No, we've got confirmation it was intentional. A group of masked people invaded the building and went straight to Onyx. They uploaded a virus to the system and blew a good part of the place up.
- Oh... That's... bad... You think it was some international atack? Russia, China, maybe?
- I have no idea yet, but that would make sense.
- I don't know, we've got an image of those guys, they didn't look military - Derek barged in - I think it might have come from inside...
Owen and Lee stare at him for a seccond.
- Yeah, maybe...
They spent the rest of the flight only ocasionally speaking. Owen kept immersed in the files.
Meanwhile, the Phoenix Police Department had just sent out Officers Jackson and Philips to a trafic accident in the Tonto National Forest, along with a team of paramedics. Arriving at the scene, the officers were ready to start the standard protocol when they noticed the license plate - or, better put, the lack of one. Jackson signaled for the paramedics to back off while he called in about the van turned over in front of them. Philips grabed a gun in the trunk of the car and slowly aproached it. There were two masked men in the outside, both shot dead, a pool of blod arround each of them. The front of the vehicle had beem severelly damaged by whatever fliped it. Philips slowly moved towards the back of the van, that was open, one of the doors laying a few meters from it. Inside, there was another masked person, struggling to breathe and covered in blood. Philips signaled to the paramedics and removed the welding mask on their face. He stared at the red-haired woman in her thirties in front of him for a second, before backing off and contacting the Police Department.
Arriving at Phoenix, Arizona at around 2:45 A.M., the group sent by the FBI left the airport to be welcomed by a police officer, proped up on the car behind him. He stood upright to greet the group as soon as he saw them.
- Officer Baker, at your services! - He exclaimed, smiling. - They sent me to wait for you, guys. Feds sent you 'cause of Dawn Valley, right?
- Yeah, standard protocol. - Lee said, in a monotonous tone - There's stuff there that souldn't be open for the public eye.
- I understand, yes. - The four of them stood there for a seccond. - Okay, we've got to go. There's some stuff you need to know, hop in the car. - Baker finally said, walking over to the driver side.
The group hopped in, owen at the front, besides Baker, Lee and Derek in the back. Baker started driving before Derek could even fasten the seatbelt.
- So, a couple of hours ago we were called in for a crash. As soon as our unit got there, they recognised the van as the one used by the atackers ate Dawn Valley. Two of the men from the atack had been shot dead by the time they arrived, and a third one, a woman in her thirties, was left there, wounded and semi-conscious. She was rushed to the hospital.
- Wait, what? - Lee asked. - What happened?
- We're begining to think they were hired criminals, mercenaries. - Baker followed up, ignoring Lee's question.
- You think someone in there got greedy? Killed the crew to get the paymment for themselves? - Derek inquired.
- It's a possibility, but we've only got confirmation of three individuals in the strike. We're checking traffic and security cameras in the general area to try and fint out something.
- How do you know only three guys were there? - Lee asked.
- There was a camera on the other side of the street. Three people left the van, three people entered the van a half hour later. - Baker answered, in a slightely hostile tone.
Silence reigned in the car for some time, until it was broken by Lee:
- Don't mention her in any reports.
- What...? - Officer Baker said, confused.
- The woman. Don't mention her. We're gonna take her into custody.
Baker blurted out a "Of course" under his breath.
- Hey... Can you leave me near a hotel... or something...? - Derek said, slowly. - I'll be staying for a few weeks, working with the Dawn Valley team to recover anything that could be usefull...
Arriving at the Phoenix Police Department, Lee went straight for a phone call. She was contacting her superiors to discuss the detainment of the woman foudn in the crash. She was instructed to wait by the hospital:
- We'll be sending Steel Cove out for this, we don't want it in official records. Wait by the hospital, they'll arrive in a few hours to do the transport. After that, go back the standard protocol.
She told Owen about her new instructions and headed out in a car lended to her. Owen stayed there until about 3:30 A.M., when he finished interrogating the personel that responded to the incident. By the time he was done, picture of the person responsible for the crash had surfaced and was already stored in the evidence locker. The picture was taken from a security camera near the site of the crash, and showed a man with a combat vest and an eypatch, gray hair. The little of his body that was exposed seemed to be covered in scars. He was carrying what seemed to be a M79 Thumper, explaining the absurd damage to the van.
Owen walked over to the hotel where Baker left Derek and rented a room. He'd get a few hours of sleep and go back to the police department to finish his report, get verything PPD had on Dawn Valley and go back to Washington.
Owen woke up naturaly, and late. He found two missed calls from Lee and rushed to get ready to head to the PD. In about twenty minutes, he was arriving. As he entered, he was greeted by Lee.
- Owen, what in the...? Where have you been? It's almos 11 P.M.!
- I'm sorry, I overslept... The week's been rough...
Lee looked him up and down. She noded to sgnal her understanding and sat down to finish her report. Owen sat in a desk opposite to lee and started writing. He spent almost an hour on his report when Lee invited him to go get lunch, which Owen promptly accepted. It was a good offer, considering he had not eaten in almost eight hours.
Coming back half an hour later, Owen went straight back to his report. He spent two whole hours transcribing his notes to the official document. As soon as he was finished, he stored it along with Lee's and adressed a young officer making some small talk with a coleague.
- Hey, you, we're heading out soon. Go grab everything you have on yesterdays incident.
- Of course sir. I'll be right back. - the young man answered, promptly running to the evidence locker.
Owen watched as he disappeared into the staircase that lead to the seccond floor. He waited by that man's desk for about two minutes, when he started to get impacient. He headed upstairs to deal with that himself.
On top of the stairs, he took a turn to head to evidence locker, going through a little balcony that oversaw the bottom flor, full of uniformed man talking and carrying things arround. While walking through there, slightely unaware of his surroundings, he bumped into another officer, with black hair and wrinkled clothes. He shoved Owen to the side, who stoped for a second, insulting the man in his thoughts. He continued walking until he got to a door. He tried to open it, but met resistance from the other side. There was something heavy proped against the base of the door. Owen forced a little more, and managed to open it. He entered the room and stood in awe, staring at the the man he had sent there a few moments ago, laying there with a wound to the head.
Owen ran back to the balcony, hearing tire squealing coming from outside, and proped up against the banister, shouting:
- We've got an unconscious officer up here, I need help, now!
Owen then followedinto the stairs, ready to fly down, but stoped when he saw a fire exit wide open. He ran out, to an empty back alley, tire marks on the ground.
- Fuck... - Mumbled Owen. - This complicates things.
By the end of the afternoon, Owen and Lee sat at a cafe. Owen was distraught, Lee once again buried in files.
- It's not your fault, Owen. - Lee said, not raising her eyes from the sheaf of paper in front of her.
- You couldn't have known.
- I... No, that's not what I'm worried about... Lee, did they get a picture of that guy I saw?
Lee quickly looked to her partner and started searching amongst the files. Whe grabed something and handed over.
- Here. It's all we've got. He got caught on a camera before tampering with it.
Owen checked the picture, and stared at it for a long minute before handing it back to Lee, a faint smile on his face.
- Son of a bitch... - Owen said, before laughing a bit.
- What do you mean...? - Lee inquired, confused and concerned.
- This guy... I worked on his case once. We've got him involved in crimes all over the country. First time we identified him was in a gold heis in arizona, 2007. We lost his trail around 2009 and I eventually got into this team. Never got over not catching him though.
Lee sat in silence, paying close atention to Owen.
- I need to make a call. Many calls, actually.
- We got one of Finch's crew members. Harvey Brooks. He's being kept at USP Tuscon. We'll be tlking to him. Get him to identify the guy.
- Wait, how... - Lee started to formulate a question, but stopped as soon as she realised Owen was already running to go outside.
Owen took out his phone and started the call as the sun set in the west, tainting the sky in orange.
To be continued... if I become satisfied with this fanfic cause I'm not liking itsubmitted by MikeTheAnt11 to entrypoint [link] [comments]
2021.10.27 12:15 holein1yup United States, Zone 6a
2021.10.27 12:15 supDoge- Used trucks for sale!!!
Hey guys I know as well you all do how crazy this market is for trucks. If anyone is looking for a truck, of any kind get ahold of me, or look through my inventory below and let me know if you find something you like! I'm here for you guys, because you guys keep the world turning!!
submitted by supDoge- to Truckers [link] [comments]
2021.10.27 12:15 YTChillVibesLofi Please check out my channel, I'm trying very hard to grow. I do lofi instrumental videos for relaxing and studying. Very thankful if you subscribe?
2021.10.27 12:15 destroyer10super can someone tell me where I may have messed up the smeltery. the smeltery controller wont light up?
|submitted by destroyer10super to feedthebeast [link] [comments]|
2021.10.27 12:15 mozzarellastick13 Pingi streamer (Commission) (MozzaBella)
|submitted by mozzarellastick13 to furryart [link] [comments]|
2021.10.27 12:15 BennBeckmann Which of these is the best pick up for Rest of Season? PPR
2021.10.27 12:15 AverageJojoGaming Aggressive City Hunter Beast
|submitted by AverageJojoGaming to HuntingGrounds [link] [comments]|
2021.10.27 12:15 Azizfnm Pokis announcement
|submitted by Azizfnm to LivestreamFail [link] [comments]|
2021.10.27 12:15 Lupus_Welshie Pumpkins I painted in GSA. ^ ^
2021.10.27 12:15 jnelso58 Kearney Regional Medical Center explores partnership with Bryan Health
|submitted by jnelso58 to lincoln [link] [comments]|
2021.10.27 12:15 flclst3v3 Can doge be upgraded to have the same functions as shib?
So we all see shib pump and are wondering can it really over take doge? My personal opinion is that it obviously can because it has all the functions of an erc-20 token.
So my question is can doge coin be upgraded to have the same functionality as shib? To my understanding doge is a copy pasta of litecoin. How difficult would it be to turn doge into an erc-20 token if at all possible?
If this sort of upgrade is possible doge will be the clear winner of the doge coin meme coins whatever you want to call it.
If not well it’s clear shib will overthrow doge in the near future.
I hold a very small bag of doge coin I do not own any shib atm but I am very close to jumping ship 🚢
submitted by flclst3v3 to CryptoCurrency [link] [comments]
2021.10.27 12:15 ok-helicopter22 34 [M4F] - Florida/USA - How Do You Mend a Jack-o’-Lantern?
With a Pumpkin Patch!
I hope your October has been going well and you’re getting into the spooky season before it all turns to Christmas!
Working from home has got me really missing interacting with others. I find myself now making random Target runs, and actually NOT buying anything, just to get some time interacting with other people.
So save me another trip to Target and chat with me here.
A little about me to get you started:
• I drink my coffee black and by the pot
• I’m a writer by profession
• I have a dog and a cat and am willing to send pics of them
• I can be sarcastic, witty, and flirty all within the same conversation, so hopefully that’s your cup of tea
• I enjoy working on improving myself through the gym, running, or swimming
• I am trying to learn español and could use a teacher!
• I love to travel and hike
• I enjoy cooking and would like some recipe recommendations
If you can relate to any of the following, great! Please tell me about yourself too. Talk soon!
submitted by ok-helicopter22 to r4r [link] [comments]
2021.10.27 12:15 TurnAvailable9521 H:guns and melee W:offers
Qe f15crit handemade B/aa/V/ ffr f15crit enclave rifle fully moded
nice looking apparel unyielding wwr guns/ammo no wood be 15fr /25 vats handemade drugs and junk no wood steel lead or acid non meta guns (good rolls)
B50c 25 vats
be 15 crit gat gun/
v 50 bash minigun /
be 1p mini /
Qffr flamer 2**/
be fms lmg /
tse fms gat gun /
ts flamer 90rw /
tse gat gun /
ts 2525 tesla
be fms powder pistol
bfss 1a mole miner
bfss sledge Hammer 2**
vamp fss 15crit tenderizer
aristo fss 90rw super sledge
aa fss 15 less damage shishkabab
vamp fss 40 less dangae miner gauntlet
submitted by TurnAvailable9521 to Market76 [link] [comments]
2021.10.27 12:15 the_vagus_eye From E*Tard at the January peak to Fidelity and finally to Valhalla. You’re safe now my children go play with DRSbot!
2021.10.27 12:15 Lemonjello23 meirl
|submitted by Lemonjello23 to meirl [link] [comments]|
2021.10.27 12:15 Doge-Benefit Look at this! The best between the greatest. Stop thinking and BUY more. The best is coming out!.
submitted by Doge-Benefit to SHIBArmy [link] [comments]
2021.10.27 12:15 FTC777 Items I require to fit a 12 speed SRAM casssette with AXS to a Kickr 18?
2021.10.27 12:15 DivisionaryMusic [FREE] (MELODIC) Lil Uzi Vert Type Beat 2022 - ''HYPNOTIZED'' | Rap/Trap Instrumental 2022
2021.10.27 12:15 Constant-Internet490 🐶Shiba Dash just launched!, 💸 6% Shiba Rewards 🔥 (Fair Launch, LP Locked for 1 Year), Missed Doge Dash? Don’t miss this one! 🟡
We are the best thing to happen to rewards tokens to date. We see ourselves as a long-term project and plan to work extraordinarily hard to deliver for our holders. Based on our project $ShibaDash rewards will be awarded in $SHIB. Therefore if you simply hold tokens 6% of rewards will be allotted in $SHIB
Here at $ShibaDash, our goal is simple. We want to truly reward our holders. Most other reward tokens give out small rewards and they don’t really make it worthwhile to hold their token. We want to change all that. We’ve been working incredibly hard to find creative ways to make the best rewards token we possibly can. So here’s what we’re doing to change the game.
Now on top of all this we also have a really neat buy-back staking feature we’re going to be implementing at launch. After every buy and sell, 1% of the transaction is sent to a wallet. This wallet keeps building, then at a desired amount, we stake the holdings of the wallet. After staking is finished we use these funds to purchase $ShibaDash in times of low volume or during dips. Then these tokens are reflected back to our holders. That is three separate ways we reward you for buying and being a loyal holder.
Coming in the following months after launch, we plan to release our own re-loadable crypto credit card! From our Rewards Hub, you will be able to choose the card as an option and the instantly have your rewards sent to the card in a usable currency. You will be able to make purchases anywhere that a regular credit card would be accepted.
So surely you don’t want to miss out on our up coming presale, this is one true gem of a project. Be sure to join our telegram group and follow us on twitter for all the latest information!
💰We will have a large marketing push at this point and advertise EVERYWHERE, we aleready have a huge budged collected from external investors. Once we get some holders and some volume flowing, we are planning to apply on CoinGecko and we will have great exposure there. We have plans for billboards, websites, online literature website, and buy votes for every crypto charting and ranking platforms. After a successful push we hope to have roughly High active members in our Telegram group. 💪
6% Base RewardsThis amount gets gets sent right back to our holders in the form of user-chosen rewards.
2% LiquidityThis amount gets sent right to our Liquidity Pool
1% For MarketingThese funds will be used for future marketing endeavours, such as billboards, online ads, AMA's, and giveaways.
1% Staking Buy-BackThese are the funds that get staked, then used as a buyback function, then the bought tokens get reflected back to holders.
Contract address: 0x0aec76aba86afbe36c625f18b059768ab1a8226c
BUY HERE: https://pancakeswap.finance/swap?outputCurrency=0x0aec76aba86afbe36c625f18b059768ab1a8226c
Renounced Ownership: https://bscscan.com/token/0x0aec76aba86afbe36c625f18b059768ab1a8226c#readContract
LP Locked: https://deeplock.io/lock/0x85c8D5A8b9db26EB489297BbC48b72e2e8760512
submitted by Constant-Internet490 to cryptostreetbets [link] [comments]
2021.10.27 12:15 gritheyst So happy it's starting to get cooler out 🥰
|submitted by gritheyst to FreeCompliments [link] [comments]|
2021.10.27 12:15 Minarchi21 Giga chad nomad with optical camo is gonna be nice
|submitted by Minarchi21 to GhostRecon [link] [comments]|
2021.10.27 12:15 Lavender_Donuts What are the little things that brighten up your day?
2021.10.27 12:15 cricket_guy What does a blowfish do, Jesse?!
|submitted by cricket_guy to okbuddychicanery [link] [comments]|
2021.10.27 12:15 Macroc0sM stay warm
|submitted by Macroc0sM to memes [link] [comments]|